Blessed

I could not think of another title for my post today other than BLESSED. 


Here is the definition, I have highlighted what is relevant for me today:



Definition of blessed (from Merriam-Webster)                                                    


1 religion

a :held in reverence :venerated   the blessed saints

b :honored in worship :hallowed  the blessed Trinity
c :beatific  a blessed visitation
   


2 :of or enjoying happiness; specificallyChristianity :enjoying the bliss of heaven used as a title for a beatified person  the blessed Virgin Mary

                          

3 :bringing pleasure, contentment, or good fortune  a blessed event



I am sharing this because I am completely overwhelmed of how the Lord has blessed me. 

Today Michael and I celebrate our 25th anniversary. A quarter of a century and over half of my life with him. This journey has been far from easy. Today I testify of my Lord. Not to sound cliche', but HE is the only reason we have made it this far.


Twenty years ago we barely celebrated our 5th anniversary. I am serious when I tell you that a Category 5 storm came through and demolished everything in our marriage. I am not trying to be insensitive to those who have physically experienced this last week. I am talking about  spiritual and emotional devastation. Which is real, and I believe Satan enjoys this type of turmoil the most. I allowed us to stay in a place where we would be a target. Literally every wall of our marriage fell down. We had to dig through the rubble to find what mattered most. One of the hardest times of my life. It was there that I met Jesus. It was in this brokenness I surrendered. We allowed Him to heal and rebuild us. We believed his promises. I am serious when I say this. Jesus built my marriage to what it is today. It was during this time that Michael and I allowed Him to lay the foundation, and slowly rebuild the walls to something stronger. It doesn't mean we don't face hard times, but we have a solid foundation to stand on when they do come.


Luke 1:45 "You are blessed because you have believed the Lord would do what He said."


I believed and I am blessed. I know this is true for all of us who believe his promises. We surrendered, and He has been faithful.


More of our story is here: https://blesdw6.blogspot.com/2013/09/


Happy 25th to the love of my life,  I pray he blesses us with many more.



I am enjoying the bliss of heaven,


Pg





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy

Take it - Easy