No eye has seen, no ear has heard...

1 Corinthians 2:9 is one of my favorite verses,

"However, as it is written, no eye has seen, no hear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him.."

We can not fathom what the Lord has in store for us once we get to Glory with Him. I also believe that he has great things in store for us here on earth while we are waiting. Things we can not even wrap our minds around. He loves us and wants to bless us and our children. Earlier I wrote about amazing things that the Lord is doing in the lives of my children. Daulton is at an exciting time in his life. Devyn is experiencing the same. 

I know I write about her a lot. She is my oldest, so everything with her is a first for me. I want to share so maybe it can help another mother going through the same things. 

Devyn is my strong willed girl. Focused on her studies and on her walk with the Lord. She has also never been one to fit in with a particular crowd. She would try her best to fit in with others, but God made her to be extraordinary, not ordinary. Dr Seuss says " Why fit in when you where born to stand out." Devyn has never been one to be boy crazy. Her father and I raised her to be independent. We have told her that if a boy did not treat her better than her daddy, then he wasn't worth her time. Those are some high standards to live up to since she is a daddy's girl. She has been very, very picky. Which is a good thing. She has waited patiently on the Lord. I always knew that the Lord had someone special for her (especially since she is so sassy and head strong). Wouldn't you know, right in the middle of her ordinary life, God has given her a fairy tale. Trust me, I am a sucker for fairy tales. I do believe in them. I think God wants the best for us, and when we allow him to write our stories, they are better than any fairy tales. 

I could not of hand picked such a great young man for my daughter. I am overwhelmed with God's blessings on her. Not only is he a great kid, but he has a great family. I have the up most respect for them. This young man loves the Lord, is a gentleman, is genuine, cherishes his family and relationships,  and the rest of my kids look up to him. He fits in with my crew like he is one of my own. My favorite thing about him, is the smile that he puts on my daughter's face.


Joel leaves for Basic Training for the Army tomorrow. As a mom, that brings tears to my eyes, especially since I just dropped my own son off at college. I am lifting his momma up in my prayers. I know that this will be difficult for her. I am also lifting him up daily in my prayers. He is going to do great. He has been preparing for this.The Lord works in mysterious ways. He allowed them to build a foundation of a sweet relationship for the last three months. He will be away for about 14 weeks. I know it will be a challenging time for Devyn, and she will be counting down the days to see him when he is through. I know that she will be one of his biggest supporter and encourages, and of course be praying for God's protection over him. God is at work.

There are two scripture that comes to my mind when I pray for Joel:

The first is a blessing: 

Numbers 6:24-26
“‘The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you
    and be gracious to you;the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.

the second is a promise of God

Deuteronomy 31:8
The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”


May the Lord equip him to be successful, he is going to rock basic training.

pj

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy

Blessed

Take it - Easy