Happy New Year!

Today is the first day of 2011!!
I pray that this year the Lord will shine His favor upon us. 2010 was one of the hardest years of my life, besides 2009! With the old year closing and a new one starting I reflect on so many things and "resolutions".

Reflections:
*God has not failed me, He has provided all of our needs.
*I am thankful for the health of my family, the roof over our heads, our jobs and the love we share.
*2010 was a year of learning and 2011 will be the year to apply what I have learned.
*I really believe that life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
*I have been challenged tremendously as a parent this year. Stretched in so many ways. I have experienced so many feelings and emotions that I have no idea where they came from, all because I am a parent. Everything was easier when they were babies and I could change a diaper or fix a bottle and everything would be okay. From about 11 years on it is not the case. I know the Lord wants me to learn from it. I have three more to go and I am not through with the older three yet.

Resolutions:
*To return to my roots. To return to my quiet time. To have a closer walk with the Lord.
*To spend more quality time with my kids. Devyn will be graduating in five months and going off to college in eight. I am still trying to hang on to having them all together. Our family life is going to change so much in the next year.
*To be more positive. I am a negative person. I resolve to be more positive. My husband is an optimist, I am more of realist. I need to be more of a optimist.
*To eat better, I will be 36 this year, my late 30's!!! I'm not getting any younger. I need to get healthy now.
*To update my blog more often.

Here is to 2011, a better year than the last :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy

Blessed

Take it - Easy