Living Each Day...

Life is full of chaos. Bills need to be paid, groceries bought, laundry, cleaning the house, just to do it all over again the next day, week, month, year. We get so caught up in our everyday "living" that we forget to truly live. Tonight is a striking reminder to live each day as if it was your last...

My friend called me this evening. Her and her husband had just pulled up to a wreck about a mile from her house. A jeep had rolled. In the back was the son of one of Mike's friends, who happen to be a friend of Daulton's (even though he hadn't seen him in a while) he died in the crash. My friend's son plays football with him. He had just gotten picked up at his house with a friend and pulled out and a car clipped the jeep causing it to roll. Zach was the only one who did not survive. The man in the other car was arrested. Tragic does not even describe the loss.

Live each day as if it were your last. I can't imaging what is going through his parents' minds right now. He was an only child. We get so caught up in everyday that we don't think when our children go off to school or out with friends that it might be the last time that we will see them alive here on this earth. This is like a knife in my gut. God doesn't promise us tomorrow, He does promise us Heaven if we have accepted His son.

If today was my last day I would make sure my kids knew how important they have been to me. I would make sure Michael knew that he is and has been the love of my life. I haven't or don't need a career, fancy house or car, tons of money, just to love my family and to be loved by my family, that is eternal, that will carry over to our next life. We don't know when our last day is, so I need to tell them daily.

Devyn, Daulton, Brady, Gracie, Colby, Addison and Michael. I love you with every ounce of my being (which here lately I have gained about 10 pounds so that is more love for you!) You have been my reason on this earth. You have been the reason I get up every morning, why I have sleepless nights, why I have laughter in my life. You seven have been my everything, and Thank you for allowing me to love you. Thank you for forgiving me of all of my faults (they seem to out weigh the good) Thank you for bringing joy to my life. I thank God for allowing me to be your mother, Michael I thank God for allowing me to have such a wonderful man as you. You seven our my family, my pride and joy and my greatest accomplishment. So when we get busy living life, and times get hectic and exhausting, please remember that tomorrow is not promised, but today we can love, live and laugh. Please, never let an argument go on to the next day, you might not have a chance to say that you are sorry. Forgive as often as you can, because when you are looking out on eternity, everything else seems so small. Remember that God loves you and he sent His son as an atonement for sin and whoever believes in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life. I want to walk all over heaven with each of you.

Love-Mom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy

Blessed

Take it - Easy