My six

My six

"As for me and my house we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Monday, August 2, 2010

Even When the Rain Comes

Here we go again, the start of school. Summer was short and sweet but no where near long enough. No matter how hard I try to hold on to my kids childhood it just slips right out of my hands. This year is going to be a difficult one. Devyn will be a senior : (. Dautlon a sophmore, Brady is starting middle school, Gracie is in the 4th and Colby a 1st grader. That means next year Addie will start pre-k! Devyn is the only one excited about school this year. Everyone else is dreading it, even me. I am not looking forward to the stress of getting them ALL up every morning. What gives me peace is to know that my Savior is there. I pray that God puts a hedge of protection around all of my children. I pray that he guards their minds, hearts and bodies. I pray for a great year, that every one achieves the goals set out before them. I pray that the Lord gives me rest and peace when getting them ready, picking them up and helping with homework.

There is a song that I love by Needtobreathe, I have the chorus stuck in my head, maybe because the Lord wants me to remember it in these times of stress:

Even when the rain falls, Even when the flood starts rising,
 Even when the storm comes
I am washed by the water



Even when it gets stressful, His Grace is enough. 

-pg

No comments:

Post a Comment