Even When the Rain Comes

Here we go again, the start of school. Summer was short and sweet but no where near long enough. No matter how hard I try to hold on to my kids childhood it just slips right out of my hands. This year is going to be a difficult one. Devyn will be a senior : (. Dautlon a sophmore, Brady is starting middle school, Gracie is in the 4th and Colby a 1st grader. That means next year Addie will start pre-k! Devyn is the only one excited about school this year. Everyone else is dreading it, even me. I am not looking forward to the stress of getting them ALL up every morning. What gives me peace is to know that my Savior is there. I pray that God puts a hedge of protection around all of my children. I pray that he guards their minds, hearts and bodies. I pray for a great year, that every one achieves the goals set out before them. I pray that the Lord gives me rest and peace when getting them ready, picking them up and helping with homework.

There is a song that I love by Needtobreathe, I have the chorus stuck in my head, maybe because the Lord wants me to remember it in these times of stress:

Even when the rain falls, Even when the flood starts rising,
 Even when the storm comes
I am washed by the water



Even when it gets stressful, His Grace is enough. 

-pg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy

Blessed

Take it - Easy