Heavy Heart

Growing up I never really had a best friend. I had several friends, some were closer than others. The same is true as an adult. I have one friend that has been like family. Our boys have played ball together for ten years. We have spent four vacations together with our boys playing ball. Anywhere from Southhaven Mississippi, Destin Florida and Cooperstown New York. He has spent Thanksgiving with us and our boys still get together for their birthdays. We found out last week he has pancreatic cancer. It has spread to his liver. This is one of the hardest things I have had to deal with. I lost my Papa when I was 17. My PawPaw died when I was 19 and Michael's brother died when I was 20. We then lost Mike's grandparents about 8 years ago. This is a little different. This is someone that I have been close to. I guess now that I am in my 30s I value life more.  I can't imagine my friend not being there, to call when ever I feel like it, to vent or to laugh.  I know my God is bigger than this cancer, and it did not catch Him by surprise. I am praying for a miracle, as well as His will. My heart is heavy.

For the past week God has moved like I have never seen. My friend is loved by so many. He has touched the lives of so many that he just doesn't realize it. His elderly parents are coming down and his house was needing some work and people came from all over the town we live in to help get it ready. Not only for his parents, but also for him to have an enviorment that was safe with the chemo. People provided dumpsters, flooring, paint. They cleaned the house from top to bottom. They repaired fences, washed clothes, donated an oven and a bed for his son.  What a surprise when he came home from the hospital! He was so shocked and could not believe what people  had done. He is so dearly loved.

"Dear Friends, since God so loved us, We also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God, but if we love one another, God lives in us and His love is made complete in us." 1 John 4:11-12

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy

Blessed

Take it - Easy