Seventeen

Today my husband and I celebrated our Seventeenth wedding anniversary. We celebrated by taking care of sick kids, baseball pictures, baseball games, football games and a nice dinner with our children. At first I was a little bummed, but then I got to thinking, God has blessed me greatly, these children are the fruit of our Seventeen years. Each one a reminder of our love for each other. Each one has a special talent, and lights my life in a different way.

I also started thinking about my marriage. It has not been easy, seventeen years is a long time, and I pray we triple it! Marriage is a lot of work. We were married so young, we have practically grown up together. Michael is my soul mate. I can't imagine my life without him. I love him more than he will ever know. He has put up with so much out of me. My moods, my temper, my crazy family. I have hurt him in so many ways, and he has shown me so much forgiveness. If anyone is responsible for revealing Jesus to me, it is my husband. He is the example of Christ in my life. He is patient, he never says anything bad about anyone, he is always optimistic, he sees the good in people, he shows love, mercy and forgiveness. Jesus is the reason we have made it to seventeen years.

Marriage is where two people love each other enough to sacrifice their own wants, needs and desires. It takes alot of work, because as a human we are selfish. It is alot of give and take. Compromise.

So today I proudly say that these have been the best seventeen years of my life. There have been plenty of rough, tough and tearful times. They make the good times sweeter. I hope our children know that if you want something bad enough, it takes sacrifice, sometimes blood, sweat and tears to obtain it, and sometimes just as much to keep it.

I love you Michael, and I thank the Lord for saving our marriage and allowing us to celebrate it.

love pg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy

Blessed

Take it - Easy