Please Don't Fight...

I am a believer. I know what Christ can do. I have experienced it first hand. I have been struggling now for a while. There are many Christians that I had a lot of faith in that the Lord has knocked them off of their pedestal to make me realize that we are indeed human. I seriously want to have a passion for Christ that is contagious, I want to love Him with all of my being. I want others to know what He has done for me. But yes I am human and I have struggled with this for a long time. I have let others get in the way and I have been rebellious, back slidden. We have had many struggles as a family this past 7 months, and He is always faithful.

Something hit me today while we were riding on the way to Southhaven. We were listening to the song "By Your Side" by Tenth Avenue North. They are a Christian band. This song is in Christ perspective and I love it, but this time Christ spoke to me through it. The chorus goes like this:

"I'll be by your side wherever you fall
In the dead of night whenever you call
Please don't fight these hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you "
(Tenth Avenue North)

And it hit me! I have been fighting these hands that have been holding me for so long. Just like Addison, my two year old. She is getting so independent and doesn't want me to hold her when we walk into a store or anywhere else. She fights me, I am holding her and she is wiggling to get down. I am doing the same with God. I am holding her so she will not get hit by a car or run off and get lost. He is holding me so I will not fall, because I will on my own. I keep struggling. I keep fighting the hands that are holding me. It is time I just stop wiggling and let Him hold me. Safe.
In his protection and He will take care of me, and He will never let me go.

-pg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy

Blessed

Take it - Easy