Spit Balls

Today is a gorgeous day outside! I am so ready for spring, my kids are to, they have all of this nervous energy where they are chasing each other around the house and driving me nuts. We have some major cleaning to do in the house today, so they can't play until it is done.

We went to LaParilla's after church today, the kids love going to the Mexican restaurant. I enjoy it to, but today we dropped $70 just to feed all of us!

So we are sitting there waiting on the check when out of the corner of my eye I saw something fly by, and then I realized what was going on. Colby, my four year old has officially learned how to spit spit-balls. I am not sure how long he had been doing it when I caught him. Of course he is sitting there with a huge grin on his face because he has just mastered a new skill. A right of passage for all boys. Michael shakes his head no at him (knowing that he is just going to try it again and trying to contain his laughter). So he doesn't do it anymore. We get ready to leave and I make all the kids take their kid cups with them since they are paper cups with lids and they charged me $2 each for them. Everyone grabs them but Colby who is grabbing his straw and all of the extra straws on the table. All the way home him and his brothers are spitting spit balls. Michael says "Welcome to the world of boys" Well, I have been in this world of boys for 13 years now, but now there are three of them, all different and rambunctious. Michael actually raised his voice at them on the way home and now they have to clean out the car since they made such a mess. Which is pretty funny because I am the one that usually looses my cool.

Ahh, being the mother of three boys is exciting, challenging and the rewards are endless.
Spit balls and all, I am blessed.

-pg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy

Blessed

Take it - Easy