#60

Yeah , my 60th post! What ever, I am still a slacker. School is about to start and this summer just flew by.

 Colby played allstars for the first time this year. His team won the State B. Championship. Brady and Daulton both played travel, which led to an exhausting trip to Myrtle Beach.  Addison and Gracie just tagged along. We got to sleep in everyday and we watched a lot of movies this summer!

Devyn will start college in two weeks. She has now decided to go into nursing. The growth in her in the past two months has been amazing. The Lord has really worked in her life. We have become closer. She has always been a daddy's girl, but we have developed an even closer relationship this past year. Have I said before that she is my hero? Yes she is. She just experienced one of the hardest trials in her life. She cried for the night, but come the next day she chose to let the Lord heal her broken heart and move on. Watching her the past three days has been amazing. I know the Lord is at work, she has immersed herself in the word and is moving forward. She has always been strong willed. As a child it was a challenge, but as a young woman it is a good quality. Noble Character. Devyn is a fighter, from the time that she was born she has fought. I think a lot of the reason is her medical condition. We were not sure of the out come of her surgery and her cyst, but we were sure that we were not going to pity her. We were not going to raise her with kid gloves. We wanted her to be a survivor. and she is. She figures there is nothing she can do about her broken heart, yeah she says, it still hurts, but I have to feel the hurt in order to get over it. I can't sit and dwell, God has bigger plans for me.  Ephesians 6:10 "Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power."

Once again I don't know why the Lord allowed me to have such an awesome kid. Not only Devyn, but five more of the most awesome kids in the world.

Thank you, my Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy

Blessed

Take it - Easy