What God has joined together...

“But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” Mark 10:6-9 


The past two weeks have been quite eventful for my family. We had a wonderful Christmas. It was great to have all of my children at home. I know that the times are changing, and this will become a rarity. Next Christmas could be very different. With Devyn being engaged to Joel, she will be moving to Fort Hood Texas very soon. While it does sadden me, I am thrilled for her.


 This young man is what we have prayed for. Since she was a toddler we have prayed over her. We prayed for her protection, guidance, health and for her future and her future husband. So I guess you can say we have been praying for Joel for a long time. We asked the Lord to give her someone that Loved Him. That would be the spiritual leader in the home and could pick up where as parents we could not take her any further. We prayed for someone to complete her and compliment her. She is very strong willed and determined. We prayed for someone that would bring out the best in her, be gentle and strong at the same time. Someone that would bring joy and laughter to her life. We knew this person was going to be extremely special, because if you know Devyn, this would be a challenge. I knew that the Lord would send this person in HIS timing. Little did I know it was already happening before my eyes. Michael always said, When the one comes along, it will happen quick. And boy did it. 


Devyn met Joel Summer of 2012, at a college Bible study. I remember the day she came home from it and I asked her how it went. She was telling me about it and about the young man she met that day. How quiet he was, but very handsome! haha She liked going to Bible study, she was learning a great deal and making new friends, but she looked forward to seeing Joel. I knew she had a huge crush on this young man. Long story short. The Lord planted the seed that has now grown into a full garden!




 So let me tell you what I have observed from a mother's perspective so far. He is everything that I asked the Lord and more for my daughter. He has been raised in a great family (he is #6 of ten children) So he is use to the chaos of a large family. He gets it. He is quiet, he observes his surroundings. He is polite, has great manners. ( he still will not call me Ms. Paige, it is Momma Hill so far) He is great with my younger kids. Colby thinks he hung the moon and Addison has a crush on him. He, from what I can tell, Loves the Lord. He is good to my daughter. He definitely brings out the best in her. When he is around she lights up.  He is one of the most thoughtful young men I have ever met. He is a hard worker, he is good with his money and very frugal (which is a good thing) The one thing I noticed from the start is he is not jaded. So many young men his age are all about being cool and keeping up with the Jones' and worry about material things. Joel doesn't. He values relationships, chooses his friends carefully and doesn't make rash decisions. He thinks things out first and prays over them. He puts his family first. He cares deeply for his mother and his siblings. He puts value on the people that matter most to him. I could only hope that my boys turn out as good of a kid as he is. There is so much more to him than meets the eye, he is a very handsome young man. All I can say is, I am going to have some gorgeous grandchildren!



 I look forward to welcoming him into my family. I do want to get to know him better. After all he is going to be my son! (Plus he has witnessed my momma bear side and he still stuck around.) I will love him like he is one of my own. I am amazed at my Lord.When we allow God to work in our lives, his blessings are abundant.

 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21

- Momma Hill

Comments

  1. OK, now you have made me cry.......this is toooooo sweet. They look like they are very deeply in love. So happy for you all!!! God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy

Blessed

Take it - Easy